You might have noticed that my hair has been looking a little longer and fuller lately and I am ready to share my secret with you! I have been playing with Envy My Hair Clip In Hair Extensions! I honestly never liked the idea of hair extensions, I guess I have seen way too many train wrecks and was scared away a bit. But as I am continuing to grow my hair back out I found myself wishing I could just speed up the process a bit or at least change things up without the full commitment. Then Envy My Hair offered to send over their line of remy hair extensions for me to try and I am so impressed not only with the quality but with how easy they are to use. Now that I have used them several times I thought I would share a step by step guide and advice on putting in clip in hair extensions!
step 1: style your hair as usual and pull all of your hair up and out of the way except for about a 1 inch think layer on the bottom.
step 2: spray the roots with hair spray, i am loving this one.
step 3: tease the roots to create some texture so the clips will hold tightly, they tend to not hold as well with clean smooth hair.
step 4: clip in the first layer of hair extensions starting with the center clip, then moving outward.
step 5: drop down another layer of your hair, it doesn't have to be a perfect line, but do your best!
step 6: spray the roots with hairspray...
step 7: tease the roots, spray and repeat as necessary.
step 8: attach another row of extensions, again, starting with the middle clip and moving out to make sure it is held in tightly.
step 9: repeat steps 5 and 6 with another layer, spray the roots and tease.
step 10: attach another row of extensions, it is up to you to decide where and how many rows to use. they come in different widths so it's really great to customize by your own preference. i do not use all of the pieces.
step 11: don't forget to pay attention to the sides of your hair, drop down a layer that isnt too close to your crown, you want to be sure the extensions do not show.
step 12: spray and tease...
step 13: attaching smaller side pieces are the easiest and add instant volume. clip them in just past your ears, never in front of the ears to make sure they look natural.
And you are done!
Other things you should know:
- You can wash these extensions and style them any way. Just treat them gently and follow the care instructions closely.
- You can also have your stylist color them. I matched my extensions to the ends of my hair and the highlights within which are a little lighter than other parts of my hair. Don't be scared off by not seeing your exact hair color, you really should have them colored if they do not coordinate.
- Also, you can have your hair extensions trimmed by your stylist to your liking. The standard length is really long so I did trim mine up.
- With proper care and treatment these should last at least a year or two depending on how frequently you wear them.
- Envy My Hair also carried clip in bangs and buns! Stay tuned for these on King & Kind.
To sweeten things up for you Envy My Hair is offering King & Kind subscribers $10 off each item you purchase with code 'Amber' at checkout.
I would love your opinion. What do you think about hair extensions? Would you try them? Have you tried them?